Alberta Sport Plan
ASC values your contribution, the Alberta Sport Plan 2014-2024 calls on all stakeholders to work collectively to align efforts and activities.
By working together, Alberta can be a national leader in sport, promoting excellence and fostering opportunities for life-long participation!
Check out the jurisdictional and international scan of best practice and trends in Sport.
- An implementation plan Advisory Committee has been created from five members of the original Sport Plan Task Force to develop, refine and recommend priorities for action;
- An external consultant MPC Consulting has been engaged to help bring the implementation plan through this final stage;
- The final draft of implementation plan will be presented to the Alberta Sport Connection Board of Directors for their review and approval in fall of 2015;
- Alberta Sport Connection is committed to engagement and receiving feedback.
Going the Distance:
Sport Plan Video
Going the Distance: The Alberta Sport Plan 2014-2024
What We Heard - a summary of consultations and feedback
News Release: Collaboration defines 10-year Alberta Sport Plan - July 25, 2014
To view an interactive of the Alberta Sport Plan - Diagram
- ASRPWF coordinated the development of the first Alberta Sport Plan in 2004;
- The process of creating a new plan started in the Fall of 2013 under the leadership of Tourism, Parks and Recreation;
- This plan evolved into a higher policy framework document;
- The Plan was approved by Caucus on July 17, 2014;
- As part of the next steps, Alberta Sport Connection (ASC) is charged with implementing Going the Distance: The Alberta Sport Plan 2014-2024 on behalf of government and developing a complementary implementation plan.
- Findings from Research and Scan were presented to Alberta Sport Connection Staff and Task Force on December 15 and 18, 2014;
- Task Force began the build of the implementation plan with Sutcliffe Group on January 15-16, 2015;
- Feedback sessions for Provincial Sport Associations and Sport Stakeholders were held on February 10-11, 2015 in Edmonton and Calgary. There was over 47 Sport Stakeholders and 95 Provincial Sport Associations representatives who provided feedback.
- Alberta Sport Connection met with a Cross Ministry Committee on March 3, 2015 with 13 Government of Alberta Ministries who provided feedback and discussed potential supportive policies.
- The Sport Plan Task Force met on April 15, 2015 to review Draft #3 and started a priority setting process.
- Draft #5 of the implemenation plan was submitted by the Sutcliffe group in April, 2015.