2017 Alberta Sport Leadership Conference
Alberta Sport Connection Launches Conference Website - Registration is now Open
The Alberta Sport Connection is pleased to announce the Conference Website and Registration now open for the 2017 Alberta Sport Leadership Conference, April 27-29, 2017
www.absportleadershipconference.ca is your one-stop source for all of the Conference information and details.
Alberta Sport Connection will be presenting their seventh Alberta Sport Leadership Conference at the Banff Centre; a scenic backdrop for sector colleagues, stakeholders and partners to share knowledge, information, network and collaborate.
- Registration fees prior to April 14th will be $300.00 and will increase to $375.00 after that date. There are also registration options for students and single day registrants.
- Payment Options will include all major credit cards only.
- Registration for the Alberta Sport Leadership Conference will be through the Coaching Association of Canada Locker https://thelocker.coach.ca/event/registration/1540. Registrants will need to create a user profile if they are new to the system.
- Banff Centre Accommodations can be made online by booking under the Group Name: 2017 Alberta Sport Leadership Conference Please book by March 27th to guarantee accommodation on site.
- Conference Schedule includes:
- Thursday, April 27 – Conference registration, Opening Keynote – Jennifer Moss ”Unlocking Happiness at Work”, followed by the Celebrating Sport in Alberta Networking Social
- Friday, April 26 – Plenary sessions, concurrent workshops, a panel presentation focused on Strategies for Increasing Female Participation In Sport, and the Celebrating Sport in Alberta Sport Recognition Awards Banquet with guest Master of Ceremonies - 2014 Alberta Olympian Speed Skater Gilmore Junio, a former Junior Male Athlete of the Year Award recipient (2010).
- Saturday, April 29 – Plenary sessions, concurrent workshops and the Celebrating Sport in Alberta closing Luncheon featuring Mark Tewksbury as the host along with Alberta Summer Olympians and Paralympians from the 2016 Rio Games.
- The theme of this year’s Conference is Celebrating Sport in Alberta and the Conference Program has been established around 5 Principles of Quality Sport including:
- Sport is led by Quality Coaching
- Sport Organizations demonstrate Excellence
- Sport reflects the Principles of Athlete Development
- Sport is delivered in a Safe and Ethical Manner with a focus on Concussions in Sport
- Sport is Inclusive and Accessible to Under-represented Populations - with an emphasis on increasing participation for females
Of special note Friday evening, the Alberta Sport Connection will recognize the outstanding sport achievements of Albertans at the Celebrating Sport In Alberta Sport Recognition Awards Banquet.
Nominations for these awards closed on February 3rd:
- 2016 Junior Male & Female Athlete of the Year
- 2016 Open Male & Female Athlete of the Year
- 2016 Open & Junior Team of the Year
- Coach Developer Awards
- Coaching Recognition Awards
- Officiating Recognition Awards
- Sport Volunteer Recognition Awards
For more information on the awards please click here
The Alberta Sport Connection thanks Paper Leaf Design Ltd. for their assistance in the development of the Alberta Sport Leadership Conference Website www.absportleadershipconference.ca, along with the Coaching Association of Canada for the use of the Locker Registration site.
Conference registration enquiries can be directed to email@example.com while general Conference enquires can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you in Banff!
For information on the 2017 Alberta Sport Leadership Conference, please contact:
Alberta Sport Connection
Suite 500 - 10055 106 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 1G3